Surprising Syracuse & Skaneateles Lake Featuring Attractions along the Oswego Canal (4 days & 3 nights)
Pavillion on Skaneateles Lake.
TOUR NUMBER: TNY-CNY-01
DEPARTS: Daily‚ May 15 through October 31
Culture and heritage are on parade in Central New York's city of Syracuse and Onondaga County. Visit intriguing stops on the Underground Railroad like the Onondaga Historical Association Museum and Matilda Joslyn Gage Center. Learn where 75% of the world's salt as produced in the 1870's and take a dinner cruise on the beautiful Finger Lake of Skaneateles. You'll also have time for the Erie Canal Museum, the only remaining weigh lock building in the United States where Erie Canal boats were weighed in order to pay their usage tax on the Canal and a meal coupon at the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, voted America's best barbeque by ABC's Good Morning America Poll in 2010. There is also a full day to travel along the Oswego River and Canal to Lake Ontario while visiting Safe Haven Museum & Education Center, Fort Ontario, John Wells Pratt House and the H. Lee White Marine Museum.
- Erie Canal Museum
- Tram ride on the banks of Onondaga Lake
- Onondaga Salt Museum
- Onondaga Historical Association Museum
- Destiny USA Passport to Savings Coupons
- Matilda Joslyn Gage Center
- Skaneateles Lake Dinner Cruise
- Skaneateles village shopping
- Paul de Lima Coffee Company Tastings & Museum
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Restaurant Gift Card - $25.00
- Safe Haven Museum & Education Center
- Fort Ontario
- John Wells Pratt House
- H. Lee White Marine Museum
all sightseeing attractions listed above, tour guide, accommodations for three nights.
Tour price from $249.00 per person based on two in a room